encompass v : include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group" [syn: embrace, comprehend, cover]
- To form a circle around; to encircle.
- To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
- To include
completely; to describe
fully or comprehensively.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
- Drake encompassed the globe.
- Dutch: omvatten
- French: entourer
- German: umfassen
- Kurdish: dorpêç kirin
- Old English: bebugan
- Portuguese: rodear, circundar, conter
- Spanish: rodear, circundar
- Dutch: bevatten
- Finnish: käsittää, sisältää
- French: englober, inclure, comprendre, renfermer
- German: umfassen
- Italian: includere, racchiudere
- Kurdish: hindirrandin, hewandin
- Portuguese: compreender, abarcar, englobar
- Spanish: abarcar, englobar
Encompass, the Enterprise Computing Association, is a computer user group for business customers of Hewlett-Packard. Encompass's history begins with DECUS, founded in 1961, for customers of the Digital Equipment Corporation, which was acquired in 1998 by Compaq U.S. Chapter incorporated as the user group Encompass U.S.
Hewlett-Packard acquired Compaq in 2002. Encompass continues as an HP user group, aimed at business customers of all of HP's hardware, software, and services.
The Encompass mission is to promote technical information exchange among its members and between the members and Hewlett-Packard.
Encompass partnered with first Compaq and then Hewlett-Packard on national technical conferences (in the U.S.):
- CETS 2001 (Compaq Enterprise Technical Symposium): September 10-14, 2001, Anaheim, California
- HP-ETS 2002 (HP Enterprise Technical Symposium): October 7-11, St. Louis, Missouri
- HP World 2003: August 11-15, 2003, Atlanta, Georgia, in partnership with Interex as well as HP
- HP World 2004: August 16-20, 2004, Chicago, Illinois, in partnership with Interex and HP
- HP Technology Forum 2005: October 17-20, 2005, Orlando, Florida, in partnership with the user group OpenView Forum International as well as HP
- HP Technology Forum 2006: September 17-21, 2006, Houston, Texas, in partnership with HP, ITUG, and OpenView Forum International
- HP Technology Forum & Expo 2007: June 17-21, 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, in partnership with HP and ITUG
Encompass also has a number of Local User Groups (LUGs) throughout the U.S., and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on various topics.
Encompass also runs webcasts, local seminars, and other programs.
Encompass manages the pre-conference seminar program and trade show at the HP Technology Forum & Expo.
Non-U.S. Encompass organizations include:
encompass in Spanish: Encompass
accouple, accumulate, add, admit, agglutinate, amalgamate, amass, articulate, assemble, assimilate, associate, band, beleaguer, beset, besiege, blend, blockade, bond, bound, box in, bracket, bridge, bridge over, cage, carry, cement, chain, chamber, circle, circuit, circuiteer, circulate, circumambulate, circummigrate, circumnavigate, circumvent, clap together, close, close in, close the circle, coalesce, collect, combine, come full circle, come together, compass, compass about, complete, compound, comprehend, comprise, concatenate, conglobulate, conjoin, conjugate, connect, consolidate, contain, coop, coop in, coop up, copulate, cordon, cordon off, corral, count in, couple, cover, cycle, delimit, describe a circle, embay, embody, embosom, embrace, encircle, enclasp, enclose, enfold, enshrine, envelop, environ, envisage, enwrap, extend, fence in, fill, fill in, fill out, flank, flux, fuse, gather, gird, girdle, girdle the globe, glue, go, go about, go around, go out, go round, go the round, gyre, harass, harry, have, hedge in, hem, hem in, hold, house in, impound, imprison, incarcerate, include, incorporate, integrate, interblend, interfuse, invest, involve, jail, join, kennel, knot, lap, lay siege to, lay together, league, leaguer, lie, link, lump together, make a circuit, make one, marry, marshal, mass, meld, melt into one, merge, mew, mew up, mix, mobilize, number among, occupy, orbit, pair, pen, pen in, piece together, pocket, put together, quarantine, rail in, range, reach, reach out, receive, reckon among, reckon in, reckon with, reembody, revolve, ring, roll into one, round, run, shade into, shrine, shut in, shut up, skirt, soften up, solder, solidify, span, spiral, splice, spread, stable, stick together, straddle, stretch, stretch out, subsume, surround, sweep, syncretize, syndicate, synthesize, take in, take into account, take into consideration, take up, tape, thrust out, tie, unify, unite, wall in, weld, wheel, wrap, yard, yard up, yoke